New Orleans is one of my favorite places in this beautiful world. From the jazz, the southern hospitality, the swamp, the cocktails….I love everything about New Orleans!!! What do I love the most? The food!!! If you haven’t been to Nola you should book a ticket now because it is truly a magical place. Now that fall is finally here, I am starting to cook foods that warm my soul. Good southern comfort food. You can still comfort your soul but skip the calories with this sexy, spicy Nola Inspired Cajun Dinner. I hope you all enjoy as much as I did!!
Serves 3-4 People
- 1 lb of Shrimp peeled and cleaned
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb of Okra rinsed and sliced (ends removed)
- half a Red Onion chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tomatoes cut into chunks
- 2 Peppers chopped (any color)
- Salt and Pepper
- Creole Seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 small spoonful of Organic Cane Sugar
- splash of Hot Sauce (optional)
- Get out two medium saucepans
- Add olive oil, garlic, onion, tomatoes, peppers,and okra to the pan.
- Drizzle veggies generously with olive oil and cook on medium heat.
- Season with Creole Seasoning, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Cook on medium heat until veggies start to soften (cover on low to speed up)
- Once vegetables are halfway done drizzle olive oil on your separate saucepan
- Season your shrimp on both sides with Creole Seasoning and add to the saucepan on medium heat.
- Shrimp only need a few minutes to cook.
- Finish veggies by adding sugar and hot sauce.
- Stir your veggies and taste to measure desired spiciness.
- Serve and enjoy!!