Oh Ramen, how I love you!!! My obsession with Ramen surprisingly stems from my childhood and not my college days.. I loved Ramen so much I would eat those cheap packets by choice almost every single day! I hope I do not die one day due to my longstanding addiction. Although, I was saving my mother tons of money on her car insurance, she was very concerned about all the chemicals I was intaking. She banned Ramen from our house and I was devastated! Luckily my grandmother was a gangster and believed rules were made to be broken, so she kept a secret stash at her house for my chemical loving enjoyment. Long story short, I have grown and realized that those packets are delicious, but probably deadly. Once in a while, especially in the colder months I crave Ramen like crazy! But to avoid the chemicals and because my tastebuds have matured, I now go out and spend at least $10 on gourmet Ramen in NYC. I made this mushroom recipe quite accidentally. I was experimenting with spices and it magically turned out to be delicious! it tastes just like gourmet Ramen!!! The best part is this recipe is totally healthy and will not kill you one day!! Stay warm my friends, and enjoy!!
- 1 Package of Organic Baby Bella Mushrooms rinsed and sliced
- 1 Vine Ripened Tomato cut into chunks
- Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil
- Curry Powder Seasoning
- Cayenne Pepper
- Turmeric Seasoning
- Adobo Seasoning
- In a medium saucepan drizzle olive oil and turn heat to medium-high.
- Add sliced mushrooms, a handful of pine nuts and chopped tomato.
- Continue to cook on medium high heat and season veggies with a sprinkling of curry powder,turmeric, adobo and cayenne pepper (I went heavier on the cayenne).
- Add a dash of salt and pepper. (Adobo has salt so just a bit)
- Cook for a couple minutes until tomato is soft and mushrooms are softened, but not mushy.
- Serve alone as a side or in a bowl with delicious brown rice.
- Enjoy your guilt-free Ramen mushrooms!!