BAD!!! DUH!! But, let’s face it…sometimes it feels good to be bad. Do health coaches eat pasta? Sure!! I eat pasta once in a blue moon and I am very careful with portion size. Pasta is delicious, but it is not very healthy and it is heavy. I almost never buy processed foods. I like to keep my refrigerator stocked with fresh produce and I always encourage my clients to eat natural, whole foods, not out of a box.
The reason I never buy processed foods is because we will pick at and eat what is most convenient for us. Your shopping choices make all the difference on whether you chow down on chips or baby carrots and hummus. By the way, carrots and hummus is my favorite go to snack!
So…. if I never buy packaged products how did I end up making pasta? I am in love with an adorable man who is very healthy, but sometimes he buys pasta. Therefore, last night I was just IN-THE- MOOD. He loves our healthy meals at home, but I knew he would appreciate a little indulgence. We skipped the cheese and our portions were reasonable. Also, we made sure to get fresh green salad on the plate and lean protein.
We can’t all be perfect all the time so I shoot for 90%. If you are healthy 90% of the time, 10% wont kill you. That’s my reasoning at least. Do I feel guilty? Not one iota! Will I workout hard today? You betcha!! Not sure why I’m talking like a midwest gal, but I like it 😉
I hope you folks enjoy this sexy, amazing, slap your grandma sauce as much as we did! Accompany this sauce with devilish pasta or healthy and yummy zucchini noodles. Remember balance is the key and always ALWAYS LOVE YOURSELF!!
- 2 Chopped Organic Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 8 cloves shaved/thinly sliced garlic
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 Stick of Unsalted Butter
- Truffle Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Bunch Freshly Chopped Parsley
- In a large saucepan, lightly drizzle pan with olive oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped onion and sliced garlic cloves.
- Salute veggies on medium low heat until soft,but not crispy. Be careful not to burn.
- Add generous amount of capers to the sauce. (optional)
- Add butter.
- Season with truffle salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Mix together and turn off heat.
- Add fresh parsley last and stir in.
- Buon Appetito!