As some of you may or may not already know, I have transitioned into becoming a yoga instructor!! YAY!!! My path and my passion has always been self-improvement. I started with Psychology, which led to Counseling and now I am happy and proud to have found my niche as a Health Coach/Yoga Instructor. I quite like that title….;) It is as if all my favorite interests combined and had a baby. I couldn’t be more excited to share my message!
So……WHY YOGA? As a fitness/health junkie, I have tried every workout, diet and trend. I had lots of different phases I went through and I figured my yoga phase was not going to be any different. I realized my yoga practice was not going to be a phase at all when I started to feel and see all the benefits of this amazing practice. There is a reason yoga has been around for thousands of years. Yes, THOUSANDS!
How will yoga make YOU dead sexy??
- Yoga bodies are simply the best bodies. Have you met any yoga instructors? I have and I have interviewed them. Guess what they do every single day? YOGA! Have you done a proper chaturanga? It is an insane arm workout! Oh and they are not all so perfect and vegan. Some of us eat cookies, bacon and drink dirty martinis…not going to name any names…..LOL.
- Yoga is AMAZING FOR YOUR BUTT! As a cuban girl, I am always afraid to lose my butt, but with yoga fret no more! Chair pose? That’s a glorified squat, not to mention all the glute work you get from all those down dog splits. Keeping your leg up in the air is really hard.
- SPIRITUAL AWAKENING!!! I will be BOLD and just say it….YOGA will make you a better person. If you come to class with an open mind and an open heart, you will be privy to enlightening messages and get really good at practicing being present and being mindful. Something we all should learn to get better at! Enlightenment is sexy. Namaste.
- Better Health. Mental Health, Physical Health, Sexual Health.
As a health coach, this is my favorite reason. Yoga will keep you looking good on the outside….Sure! But the benefits for the inside are endless. Yoga poses benefit all the organs, muscles and relieve tension that cause our bodies and minds so much strife. Yoga is therapeutic and detoxifying. Yoga is life.
- Yoga doesn’t have an expiration date. We have all seen the video of the 96 year old yoga instructor that puts us all to shame. If you haven’t seen the video, check out this link!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u76yQEdflVM One of the main reasons I was drawn to yoga and wanted to make it a part of my business is because ANYONE CAN DO IT! Injuries, age, weight there are no limitations, only possibilities. Yoga helps us age gracefully and strengthens our flexibility and balance, something we lose as we get older. The fountain of youth? Look no further than a yoga studio.