I love chili in the winter time, it is such a yummy and cozy meal. I personally find beef chili to be too heavy on my belly so I make mine with turkey, and seriously no one can tell the difference. I add cilantro, avocado and arugula to top off this chili for color, dimension and freshness!! I hope you enjoy this easy, comforting bowl of goodness as much as I do! Please comment below and let me know your feedback!!! Cheers to the holiday season and to good health! 🙂
- 4 vine Ripened Tomatoes chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can of organic kidney beans
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1lb of organic ground turkey
- 3/4 of a cup of organic tomato sauce
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- adobo seasoning
- fresh cilantro rinsed and chopped
- In a medium sized pot, add chopped tomatoes and onions and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- stew tomatoes and onions on medium heat until soft and saucy.
- Turn heat off and set aside.
- In a large chili pot, add your ground turkey.
- Season turkey generously with adobo seasoning.
- Cook until browned.
- Add stewed tomatoes and onions to chili pot and mix.
- Add both cans including their liquid of organic beans.
- Fill one bean can 3/4 of the way full with water and add to pot.
- Add 3/4 of a cup of organic tomato sauce to chili.
- Add 1 tsp. of cumin & paprika.
- Add 1/2 a tsp. of garlic powder, cayenne pepper and onion powder.
- Taste and add more spice depending on your liking.
- Stew chili on medium low uncovered another 20 minutes, whatever you have time for.
- Serve hot in a bowl topped with fresh cilantro, sliced avocado and yummy arugula.